Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscle strength, range of movement, and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a Silver Sneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is used for seated exercises and standing support. This class can be adapted by the participant depending on their fitness level and abilities. -Beginner-Intermediate
JOIN US FOR A SUMMER CHALLENGE!
SilverSneakers Summer Bingo Walking Challenge:
- Bingo participants must register at the WRCC front desk to receive a bingo card (Red/Blue/Black). Registration is free to SilverSneakers members. Challenge begins June 1, 2021 and runs for 10 weeks.
- Participants will be responsible for marking their own squares with honesty.
- June 1st-12th: 5 Down
- June 13th-26th: 5 Across
- June 27th-July 10th: 5 Diagonal
- July 11th-24th: “L” Shape
- July 25th-Aug 7th: Blackout (All squares filled)
- One Square per walk. Example: “Enjoy an evening walk with a friend” & “Take a walk after supper” cannot be marked off for the same walk. We want to challenge you to take a different walk each day!
- At the end of each two week session, participants will present their board to their Silver Sneakers Instructor on the following Monday for a participation prize & a ticket to be entered to win a prize for “Blackout Bingo” weeks at the end of 10 weeks.
- Participants have the opportunity to fill any incomplete Bingo Columns during the “Black Out Weeks”. At the end of the last two weeks, if the participant has blacked out their board they will receive a ticket for a final entry into the grand prize drawing.
- Grand Prize Drawing will take place Monday, August 9th after the 10:00 am SilverSneakers Class